This week, we're focusing on the physical environment of a planet orbiting an M dwarf star. We talk plate tectonics, atmospheric loss, compact multi-planet systems, and how uranium makes things HOT!
HOSTED by Dr. Moiya McTier (@GoAstroMo), astrophysicist and folklorist
- Dr. Wendy Bohon is an earthquake geologist, science communicator, and AAAS If/Then Ambassador. You can follow Wendy on twitter at @DrWendyRocks and learn about all of her amazing work on her website, drwendybohon.com!
- Will Waalkes is a PhD candidate in astronomy at UC Boulder who specializes in characterizing planets around M dwarf stars. You can check out his work on his website will-waalkes.github.io
- Listen to HORSE wherever you get your podcasts, or at horsehoops.com
- Go to exolorepod.com/raffle for a chance to win a 1-on-1 worldbuilding session with me!
FIND US ONLINE
- patreon: patreon.com/exolorepod
- twitter: twitter.com/ExolorePod
- instagram: instagram.com/exolorepod
- website: exolorepod.com
- subreddit: reddit.com/r/ExolorePod
- Music: https://www.purple-planet.com
- Cover art: Stephen J. Reisig, http://stephenjreisig.com/
- Editing: Mischa Stanton, https://www.mischastanton.com/
- Transcript by Iesir Moss
Have you ever wished you could travel to a different world? Exolore can help with that! In each episode, astrophysicist/folklorist Moiya McTier explores fictional worlds by building them with a panel of expert guests, interviewing professional worldbuilders, or reviewing the merits of worlds that have already been built. You'll learn, you'll laugh, and you'll gain an appreciation for how special our planet really is.
Exolore is a member of Multitude Productions, an independent podcast collective and production studio.