Black people in the U.S. have never been free. This world is a glimpse at what could have been without our brutal history of slavery and colonization. Hint: the whole world wins out, not just Africa.
HOSTED by Moiya McTier (@GoAstroMo), astrophysicist and folklorist
1. Nikita L. La Cruz is an economic geologist who studies ore deposits in Guyana. You can follow her on twitter at @nlecongeo
2. Jessica Marie Johnson is a historian of the African Diaspora at Johns Hopkins University. She recently published a book called Wicked Flesh that you can buy here. You can follow her on twitter at @jmjafrx
3. Susana Morris is an afrofuturist and professor of literature and media at Georgia State University. She's a co-founder of the Crunk Feminist Collective. You can follow her on twitter at @iamcrunkadelic
FIND US ONLINE
FIND US ONLINE
- patreon: patreon.com/goastromo
- twitter: https://twitter.com/ExolorePod
- instagram: https://www.instagram.com/exolorepod/
- website: https://exolorepod.wixsite.com/exolore
- Music: https://www.purple-planet.com
- Cover art: Stephen J. Reisig, http://stephenjreisig.com/
Have you ever wished you could travel to an alien world? Exolore can help with that! In each episode, astrophysicist/folklorist Moiya McTier invites expert guests to help her imagine life on an alien planet. You'll learn, you'll laugh, and you'll gain an appreciation for how special our planet really is.