This week we're building the environment of a world with a thick atmosphere. We talk atmospheric escape, sound speeds, banana rocks, and loads more.
Don't forget to submit your questions for the upcoming AMA episode here: https://forms.gle/E3QUDWX6WGojwhHb7
HOSTED by Dr. Moiya McTier (@GoAstroMo), astrophysicist and folklorist
- Shreyas Vissapragada is a PhD student at CalTech studying planetary atmospheres. You can follow him on twitter at @astroshrey
- Dr. Andrew Morrison is a professor at Joliet Junior College and a physicist who specializes in musical acoustics. You can follow him on twitter at @achmorrison
- Get 10% off your first month of Betterhelp at betterhelp.com/exolore!
- Check out The Newest Olympian at thenewestolympian.com or wherever you get your podcasts
FIND US ONLINE
- patreon: patreon.com/exolorepod
- twitter: twitter.com/ExolorePod
- instagram: instagram.com/exolorepod
- website: exolorepod.com
- subreddit: reddit.com/r/ExolorePod
- Music: https://www.purple-planet.com
- Cover art: Stephen J. Reisig, http://stephenjreisig.com/
- Editing: Mischa Stanton, https://www.mischastanton.com/
- Transcript by Iesir Moss
Have you ever wished you could travel to a different world? Exolore can help with that! In each episode, astrophysicist/folklorist Moiya McTier explores fictional worlds by building them with a panel of expert guests, interviewing professional worldbuilders, or reviewing the merits of worlds that have already been built. You'll learn, you'll laugh, and you'll gain an appreciation for how special our planet really is.
Exolore is a member of Multitude Productions, an independent podcast collective and production studio.