So Maggie Tokuda-Hall created this beautiful sea-centered world and then expected me NOT to talk about it?? Get ready for a discussion about how magic relates to linguistic hypotheses and why people have personified the sea for centuries. **contains spoilers**
HOSTED by Moiya McTier (@GoAstroMo), astrophysicist and folklorist
Julia Schifini is a writer, historian, voice actor, and cohost of the podcasts Spirits and Join the Party. She's awesome and fun and you can follow her on Twitter at @JuliaSchifini. Check out her fiction birdwatching podcast, Who Watches the Birdwatchers.
- The Mermaid, the Witch, and the Sea by Maggie Tokuda Hall: https://bookshop.org/books/the-mermaid-the-witch-and-the-sea/9781536204315
- WORLDBUILDING CLASS with AtlasObscura: https://www.atlasobscura.com/experiences/facts-based-worldbuilding-online-course
FIND US ONLINE
- patreon: patreon.com/goastromo
- twitter: https://twitter.com/ExolorePod
- instagram: https://www.instagram.com/exolorepod/
- website: https://www.exolorepod.com/
- Music: https://www.purple-planet.com
- Cover art: Stephen J. Reisig, http://stephenjreisig.com/
Have you ever wished you could travel to a different world? Exolore can help with that! In each episode, astrophysicist/folklorist Moiya McTier explores fictional worlds by building them with a panel of expert guests, interviewing professional worldbuilders, or reviewing the merits of worlds that have already been built. You'll learn, you'll laugh, and you'll gain an appreciation for how special our planet really is.
Exolore is a member of Multitude Productions, an independent podcast collective and production studio.